Thursday, January 12, 2012

Change of Course


I have decided to not pursue starting my own company and get a 'normal' job. 

It's a decision I've been wrestling with for a while and even though it may sound like the perfect opportunity, it doesn't feel like the timing is just right. 

This isn't something I can explain, it's just something I feel.

In the short time that I made that decision, my energy level has gone up and I'm excited to finally look at all the jobs that are available. 

I posted it previously but in case you need a refresher...

More About Me

If you or anyone you know is hiring a full time position (in the Washington DC Metro Area), I'd love to hear from you.

Some skills and info about me:

  • Knowledgeable of social media outreach and trends.
    • I've been focusing on building my personal brand (mostly @mikepetrucci) and I'm constantly finding out what works and what doesn't.
  • Familiar with Wordpress, Blogger, and Drupal Content Management Systems. 
    • I'm a very quick learner and I feel confident I could pick up the workflow of other systems.
  • Can work well in a group but also handle things on my own.
  • Familiar with Photoshop
    • Unfortunately I can't create artistic graphics but I know the tools to manipulate and work on an image in the technical sense (like putting someones head on another persons body).
  • Trained in video and audio production.
    • Both TV and film techniques; everything from shooting and editing to sound effects.
  • Experience in digital and film photography.
    • Black and white photo development & enlargement and basic photography guidelines.

Please feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn if you want to see my resume and more info.
Oh and if it asks you for my email address, its: mikepetrucci [at] gmail [dot] com

No comments: