Monday, June 14, 2010

I Play a Cool Kid on TV

I feel like a lot people look up to me. Well maybe not look up to but find me interesting. If we've met face to face for any amount of time, you probably thought I was a crazy kooky off the wall guy.

Here are the stages of knowing me:
Step 1: We meet and I'm as cool as I can be. Nothing explosive, just funny at times.
Step 2: Goofy & random but still smooth. Sometimes I'll come out of my shell but only if I've had a Red Bull.
Step 3: Full blown caffeinated tornado! I like to stay relevant and clever but a lot of times I just come off as random.

Those are the three stages to knowing me.

There are those that have asked me if I were one of the "cool kids" in school. I laugh when I hear that. Couldn't be farther from the truth!

While liked, I was never officially "cool." I'm just super shy at first and have no idea if I'm supposed to talk to people, nod at them, shake their hand, hug them, or fist bump! So in the past I just would gently avoid them. I wanted to say hi but didn't know what was the best way to do it!

So keep that in mind if we meet. I'm way cooler by our third date! I'm learning to relax and just be myself off the bat but it's taking some time.

Please don't think I have a low self esteem, I just don't want you to be put off because I act like I know what I'm doing all the time! Well, I mean, I'm 'always' right and I know more than most of you combined (fightin' words right there!) but that's no reason not to be friends.

I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you. Let's go grab a coffee some time! I promise I won't be crazy [at first]!

No comments: