Monday, August 24, 2015

Unsplash and Apple Montreal

I recently submitted a few photos to Unsplash for anyone in need of a "non-stock stock image" to download and use and I'm extremely proud to have one photo in particular featured by Unsplash. The photo below was taken on my iPhone 5 while visiting Yosemite Valley a few years ago and I truly just stumbled into this shot as I emerged from my tent.


"All photos published on Unsplash are licensed under Creative Commons Zero which means you can copy, modify, distribute and use the photos for free, including commercial purposes, without asking permission from or providing attribution to the photographer or Unsplash."

There was an event recently at the Apple Store in Montreal and Unsplash showcased my photo in a huge 60x40" frame and then shared a photo of it through Twitter. I'm not a professional photographer but it made my day to see my photo displayed and enjoyed by so many people.

While I don't usually toot my own horn, pardon me while I do just that here.


August 20, 2015:

"Unsplash x Apple Inc. Partnership in Montreal. Last night, we got to feature some of Unsplash's photographs that were shot on an iPhone. The photographs were super awesome, and we received lots of love 😍 Thank you Apple and everyone that came out to support us."







No comments: