Monday, July 27, 2015

What do I do well? What should I be driving towards?

I don't know what I'm supposed to be working on every single waking moment of the day. In all of my jobs both past and present, there were/are duties and responsibilities I enjoy more than others but what's the one thing that people would call my "passion?"

I really don't know. It used to bother me but I've learned to not dwell on it and just keep doing what I'm doing until I find it. A video (which I can't find now) from Gary Vaynerchuk got me thinking about it again.

A couple of my creative inspirations are Casey Neistat and Tim Ferriss, for very different reasons. When I look at what they're doing I get jealous, in a good way, but also question where I am in life and if what I'm doing is something I'll be proud to show off.

That's a poor way of saying it though because I actually am proud of what I do. It just seems that my "purpose" continues to elude me. Rest assured however that I'll be going all in once I find it.

"What man needs is not a tensionless state but rather the striving and struggling for some goal worthy of him." -Victor Frankl

No comments: