Wednesday, November 05, 2014

New Boots: Part One


My old boots have served me well. We’ve been all over the place including two peaks over 14,000 feet in elevation and nice and easy 42.5 mile one day hike. I’ve had my current boots, a pair of Lowa Renegades, for approximately four years now. While they’ve been great, They’re nearing their way out and I don’t think I’ll replace them with another pair of the same. I think I’m going to try something new.

At this point in time, my bet is on a pair of Danner Bull Run boots but I’ve yet to even try them on. I hope to find a pair and get a feel for them as soon as possible. I hate new shoes or boots; I want them good and well broken in.

My next boot will ideally be something that can be worn nearly 100% of the time and be both a quality work boot but not shy away from some duty on the trails as well. I have high hopes for Danner and think I’ll order a pair to test out.

In the end, I'm looking for well made boot that will last for years.

Side Note: I know the Bull Run boots are meant to be a warm weather work boot but I don't have a problem with cold feet and the price is right. I'd also like to stay away from GORE-TEX on my next boots if that's possible.

No comments: