Monday, September 12, 2011

My First Fourteener


I'm actually excited, just fighting an AMS headache.
On September 1st, I summited my first 14,000 foot mountain (Mount Belford). This was a monumental experience for me even though the photo above may not convey my joy. I was developing quite a nasty headache and a bit of nausea at that point. Yeah, Acute Mountain Sickness. Luckily we didn’t stay long and started our descent at which my headache began to subside.
I’m only writing this blurb to let you know I’ve been successful in reaching a life long goal of mine but now I have the desire to go bigger. I have decided to set some new goals and given the time and money, I’m sure they will be completed. Stay tuned for a post on my buddies site, ITS Tactical, which will include a full debrief of the GORUCK Ascent.
Thanks for all of your support. I couldn’t have done it without you.


No comments: